List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: partial for jpg
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-09-04 11:30:33

Giuseppe wrote:
> I'm sorry, but once I reported a bug to bugs.kde.org and they said to report
> it here because it was cvs-related... I don't know what to do
>
> Alle 00:03, giovedì 04 settembre 2003, Alejandro Exojo ha scritto:
>
>>El Jueves, 4 de Septiembre de 2003 02:11, Giuseppe escribió:
>>
>>>Can you help me?
>>
>>Please, let this list only for _development_ questions (kde programming).
>>Crashes or bugs, should be reported at bugs.kde.org, and help using kde, in
>>other mailing lists. At this moment, your address will be in a lot of
>>.procmailrc's ;-).

I would suggest that you first post to either the 'kde' or 'kde-linux'
list.  If the problem is solvable, you should probably get help there.
However, if the problem isn't simply solvable then it *is* a developer
issue and you could then escalate it here.

Then about your problem.  There are two ways which KDE displays JPEG files.
    Kuickshow uses Imlib and other KDE apps call "libjpeg" through Qt.
Your problem has been reported on the help lists more than once.  It is
usually caused by an installation problem with the JPEG library.

To do more, I need details.  How did you install Qt, KDE, and libjpeg?

Which apps work OK?

--
JRT