List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Beginners Problem: Problem with KPopupMenu*  helpMenu method
From:       Oliver D <oliverd17 () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-08-31 20:02:12

Hi Aaron,

>>However, this gives me a compiler message that i don't understand
>>    error: no matching function for call to `KMenuBar.:
>>

>what's the full and exact error message? what line does it error out on in
>your code?

This is the full and exact error message. The only thing that i have
deleted was the number of the line (because you'll need the whole code
to count it :-) However it was pointing to the line number 3 (in the
following numbering). Sorry, but i thought this would be clear, because
it's the only bit manipulating the KMenuBar (i'm thinking so, but i'm
just a beginner :-()

1: KMainWindow *top = new KMainWindow ();            // Main Window
2: KPopupMenu *help = top->helpMenu (aboutText);     // helpMenu is a
method of the class KMainWindow

3:  top->menuBar()->insertItem( i18n("&Help"), help); // insert helpMenu
in my top window

Thanks for your help
Oliver