List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Customerize printing
From:       Nestal Wan Wai Ho <me () nestal ! net>
Date:       2003-08-30 9:31:10

Dear all,

I would like to add a KPrinter which will produce a PDF file when printing.
The current PDF printer in KDE is based on ghostscript, which is not very
specilized in producing PDF files (it will convert all fonts to Type3 fonts
which looks ugly in acrobat reader). I have written a small library called
libpdf++ (libpdfxx.sourceforge.net) and I want to use it to write a
specialized PDF printer for KDE.

I suppose the KDE apps uses the KPrinter class for printing, so my question is
where to insert the PDF-producing code?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Nestal