List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: programmatically adding icon to kicker
From:       Eric Winger <ewinger () keyww ! com>
Date:       2003-08-29 21:39:12

didn't get this message until i sent the other message. you can disregard.
Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> that's because when i said i'm adding it, i meant it.. i've got the
> code here
> on disk, and its less than an hour old... it'll be in CVS later
> tonight ;-)
> there are dcop functions for just about every other type of button EXCEPT
> application buttons =/

:)

> if you have a version of kde that follows the freedesktop.org
> standard, then
> you can just pop the .desktop file in $PREFIX/share/applications,
> where that
> is... often it's /usr, but not always ...
>
> otherwise it needs to be put into the appropriate subdir (For it's
> category)
> of $PREFIX/share/applnk/ ... this method is being deprecated in favour
> of the
> freedesktop.org standard ...

neither of these methods seem to work for me. I'm sure i'm putting the
.desktop file in the right spot. Do I need to restart something, the
panel, another dcop object to effect the change? I know putting things
in Desktop just sort of magically appear. Perhaps the menu is cached.

thx for the help,

eric