List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: programmatically adding icon to kicker
From:       Eric Winger <ewinger () keyww ! com>
Date:       2003-08-29 20:33:52

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> dcop... though it seems this particular item was missed (though all
> others
> were covered)... i'm adding it to KDE3.2, however...
>
> dcop kicker Panel addServiceButton /path/to/desktop/file

hmmm... when I run this I get the message:

 >>dcop kicker Panel addServiceButton eeyore.desktop
no such function

I'm running from the directory where eeyore.desktop is located. Looking
at my debian package I'm running 3.1.3 KDE. Is there a way to query dcop
application exports?

> > & the Kmenu.
>
> by installing your .desktop file into the applnk hierarchy... this is
> now a
> freedesktop.org standard

Didn't have much luck with this either. Copied to several spots inside
/usr/share/applnk.

When you say install, did you mean something other than copying the
.desktop file to somewhere within the applnk hierarchy? I shouldn't have
to restart kde should I?

btw - if this is documented somewhere, please send me a link so I can
read for myself. don't want to waste mailing list space on already
answered questions.

thx

Eric