List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Porting Qt applications
From:       Bernd Brandstetter <bbrand () freenet ! de>
Date:       2003-08-28 13:12:24

Hi,

I have written a Qt-based application which also runs fine on KDE.
However, I'm thinking about porting it to KDE, i.e. using the KDE instead
of the Qt API where possible/necessary to improve its integration in the
desktop.

My questions:
- Is there some kind of porting guide or checklist describing what to take
care of? (Like for instance does it make sense to replace a QPushButton by
a KPushButton? What's the benefit from it?)
- If the application doesn't use KDE-specific interfaces like KParts and
dcop, is it worth the effort at all?

Regards,
Bernd