List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problems with KSycoca
From:       "Ben Lamb" <kde-devel () zurgy ! org>
Date:       2003-08-27 20:45:45

> It seems to crash in a dynamic_cast function. Which compiler are you
> using?  Did you recently switch compilers?

gcc-3.2.2

I knew there was something I should have mentioned :-)

I've been used 3.2.2 for ages and is has been working fine. Might try
recompiling everything with 3.3. I note 3.3.1 has just been released. Is
there a recommended version?

I also have gcc-3.3 kicking around but haven't used it for KDE.

<thinks aloud>
It's just possible that I might have accidentally compiled something with
3.3. Normally I'd expect linking errors as the name mangling would be
different. However, isn't there now some kind of standardisation going on
in this regard so that it will be possible to link things compiled with
different c++ compilers?
</thinks aloud>

Thanks,

Ben.