List:       kde-devel
Subject:    automake, autoconf guru needed
From:       Björn Sahlström <>
Date:       2003-08-27 18:43:39

Hi
I have posted this question here before without any help so i try again. I
have a project (kbear) and I have porblems since some time, can't say when
exactly it started. When I create source tarballs with 'make dist' the
tarball is created correctly. If I then unpack it and compile it,  it compiles
ok but when running make install some of the targets (plugins and parts)
aren't installed. The strange thing is that running make uninstall try to
uninstall them though. Also running make install in original source tree
installs them correctly. I attach two Makefile.am. Makefile.am1 is not
installed but Makefile.am2 is ! It seems as install-exec-am: is never created
in the makefiles that isn't installed.
Any help should be most welcome.
--
MVH
Björn Sahlström

INCLUDES = -I$(top_srcdir)/kbear/lib/interfaces $(all_includes)
kde_module_LTLIBRARIES =  kbeartransferqueue.la
kbeartransferqueue_la_LDFLAGS = $(all_libraries) $(KDE_PLUGIN) -module -avoid-version \
 kbeartransferqueue_la_LIBADD = $(LIB_KDEUI) $(LIB_KDECORE) \
$(top_builddir)/kbear/lib/libkbearcore.la METASOURCES = AUTO
kbeartransferqueue_la_SOURCES = kbeartransferqueueplugin.cpp transferqueuewidget.cpp \
transferqueueconfigwidget.cpp transferqueuesession.cpp kbeartransferqueue_DATA = \
kbeartransferqueue.desktop kbeartransferqueuedir = $(kde_servicesdir)
kbeartransferqueuepluginrc_DATA = kbeartransferqueueplugin.rc
kbeartransferqueuepluginrcdir = $(kde_datadir)/kbeartransferqueue
noinst_HEADERS = kbeartransferqueueplugin.h transferqueuewidget.h \
transferqueueconfigwidget.h transferqueuesession.h AM_CFLAGS =
AM_CXXFLAGS = -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -UQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST
AM_FFLAGS =

["Makefile.am2" (text/x-makefile)]

INCLUDES = -I$(top_srcdir)/kbear/lib/interfaces $(all_includes)
kde_module_LTLIBRARIES =  kbearfirewall.la
kbearfirewall_la_LDFLAGS = $(all_libraries) $(KDE_PLUGIN) -module -avoid-version
kbearfirewall_la_LIBADD = $(LIB_KDEUI) $(top_builddir)/kbear/lib/libkbearcore.la
METASOURCES = AUTO
kbearfirewall_la_SOURCES =  kbearfirewallplugin.cpp firewallsettingswidget.cpp
kbearfirewall_DATA =  kbearfirewall.desktop
kbearfirewalldir = $(kde_servicesdir)
noinst_HEADERS = kbearfirewallplugin.h firewallsettingswidget.h