List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Kparts problem
From:       Thomas Schwarzgruber <possebaer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2003-08-26 16:49:08

Hello !

I just adopted a application from normal KDE3 to the KDE Parts scheme.
Everything worked fine, except one strange behavior of a widget.

I've put all my different widgets into one class. If i instantiate from this
class in the constructor of my part, the widget seems to be in front of the
toolbar and is far too small. Now the strange thing: if i make a qsplitter
and set the qsplitter as widget (setWidget) and then instantiate my class and
child it to the qsplitter it shows my widget correctly (beside that it is on
the right side of the splitted view)

I tried already a lot (QHbox etc. ) but nothing worked besides the qsplitter
solution.

this is my qsplitter solution:

kompile_partedPart::kompile_partedPart( QWidget *parentWidget, const char
*widgetName,
                                  QObject *parent, const char *name )
    : KParts::ReadOnlyPart(parent, name)
{
    // we need an instance
    setInstance( kompile_partedPartFactory::instance() );
    new kompileBrowserExtension( this );

    QSplitter *widget = new QSplitter(parentWidget);

    m_widget = new KompileEngine(widget);

    // create our actions
    KStdAction::open(this, SLOT(fileOpen()), actionCollection());
<snip>

    // notify the part that this is our internal widget
    setWidget(widget);

}

Can anybody help me with that problem ?

Best regards