List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [dev] Re: KDE integration of OpenOffice
From:       Jan Holesovsky <kendy () artax ! karlin ! mff ! cuni ! cz>
Date:       2003-08-22 13:37:09

Hi!

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Sander Vesik wrote:

> but it is easier to see a part of OOo dependning on kde than vice versa.

Yes, right, that convinced me:)

> > Maybe a KDE-Integration incubator project should be started in OOo which
> > could atleast point to your project and be a "holding area" for other KDE
> > integration proposals.
> >
> > Would you be interested in leading it ?

Yes.

> > We'd get various mailing lists, webspace and CVS. Hopefully also at some point
> > the code would be included in OOo such that at some time in the future it
> > could be a compile time configuration to include KDE integration.
>
> and we could just redistribute a tarball from teh incubator until such time.

OK, I had a look at "Protocols for Project Proposal"
(http://www.openoffice.org/about_us/protocols_proposing.html) and I must
say, I find it quite bureaucratic:( Never mind, I will draft a proposal
and advertise it. Is dev@openoffice.org the right list to send the
proposal to?

Kendy