List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kcalc: The killer application?
From:       Klaus Niederkrueger <kniederk () MI ! Uni-Koeln ! DE>
Date:       2003-08-18 18:04:53

Now, I believe that the real work on kcalc can start. I have been
separating the code into three classes: One for the calculator display,
one for the math-engine and one for the main-GUI (buttons etc.).
Maybe the main-GUI should be defined in a .ui-file, I don't know enough
about that and about the kde-policy.

Please test everything. Splitting up the code included a lot of changes
and I would not be surprised, if there are some rough edges. But I hope
that it is easier to maintain kcalc now. (I'm saying this, because I'm on
holiday and I can not fix errors as often as I would like to. In fact, it
was quite difficult to get a possibilty to use 'cvs' and I was surprised
with some changes in the kcalc-code base: I used a two week old version to
do my coding, and I'm not sure that kcalc does even compile now. If there
is a problem like this, please fix it. I promise, as soon as I'm back
home I will test everything thouroughly before applying it, but like I
said, here it was difficult to get access to cvs at all).

I hope you like everything and I believe, I will soon start to code new
things, which also the user is able to see.

Cheers

	Klaus