List:       kde-devel
Subject:    temporarily hiding a QDialog
From:       Jason Harris <kstars () 30doradus ! org>
Date:       2003-08-15 4:43:50

Hello,

I would like to temporarily hide a tool window derived from a QDialog[*]
to reveal the KMainWindow of my application while some code runs, and
then show the tool window again when the code has finished.

In the Qt/KDE API docs, "hide" and "close" seem to be synonymous.  I
can't close the tool window, because the code that is running is part
of the tool.  So, is there any way to hide a dialog without closing it?
It would also be acceptable if the dialog could be lowered behind the
KMainWindow.

Thanks for any tips,
Jason

[*] also, is it possible to derive from KDialogBase using Qt designer?

--
KStars: A KDE Planetarium
http://edu.kde.org/kstars