List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Window decorations
From:       "Friedrich W. H.  Kossebau" <Friedrich.W.H () Kossebau ! de>
Date:       2003-08-10 22:14:54

Am Samstag, 9. August 2003 22:07 schrieb Vladimir Lazarenko:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running KDE CVS with qt 3.2
> Whenever I try to compile any of window decorations i end up with the
> following:

Any? I rather suspect you to think of some found on kde-look, am I right?
Mosfet's HP Liquid and Thin Keramik? ;)

<snip content="liquid Makefile error output"/>
> What do I lack/need to compile?

You lack the following operations:

For ThinKeramik (claimed to be solved with v2.4, see kde-look.org):
There seems to have been a change with the kwin lib system in KDE CVS that
breaks things that worked for 3.1. Don't know nothing in special, just
compared the Makefile.am of Knifty (which works with KDE CVS) and ThinKeramik
(which didn't in v 2.2)
So I changed in file "kwin/Makefile.am" the lines
  kwin_thinkmk_la_LIBADD    = $(prefix)/lib/kwin.la
  kwin_thinkmk_la_LDFLAGS   = $(all_libraries) $(KDE_PLUGIN) -module
into
  # kwin_thinkmk_la_LIBADD    = $(prefix)/lib/kwin.la
  kwin_thinkmk_la_LDFLAGS   = $(all_libraries) -avoid-version -module
$(KDE_RPATH) $(KDE_MT_LDFLAGS)
<- on one line, not two
Ran the tripple "./configure; make; make install" and was as well given a
running ThinKeramik window decoration. Well, I prefer Knifty. Uh, offtopic.

For Liquid:
1. same as with ThinKeramik
In file "kwin-engine/liquid_default/Makefile.am" remove the parameter
  kwin_liquid_la_LIBADD = $(kde_libraries)/kwin.la
and change the parameter
  kwin_liquid_la_LDFLAGS = $(all_libraries) $(KDE_PLUGIN) -module
into
  kwin_liquid_la_LDFLAGS = $(all_libraries) -avoid-version -module
$(KDE_RPATH) $(KDE_MT_LDFLAGS)

2. Update the build system by:
  cd mosfet-liquid0.9.6pre4/
  mv admin admin.old
  ln -s ../kdecvs/kdelibs/admin
  make -f Makefile.cvs

Now do the tripple "./configure;make;make install" and hope to get what I did
:)

Friedrich, staying with Knifty and ThinKeramik widgets