List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Lower case URLs?
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiagom () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2003-08-10 20:38:55

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Petter E. Stokke wrote:
>Now, I'm having trouble implementing this. In order to find the .protocol
>file I need to determine the URI mode of a protocol, I need a
>KStandardDirs object, which requires a KInstance object. Of course, KURL
>can be used today without a KInstance, which creates a bit of a dilemma.
>
>Has anyone got a suggestion as to how I can find the .protocol files (ie.
>in most cases $KDEDIR/share/services or ~/.kde/share/services) in a clean
>manner without access to a KInstance, or how to proceed if this proves to
>be impossible? Is it safe to make the assumption I did above about the
>paths to search in the absence of a KInstance?

What I'd recommend is that you revert to the default in the absence of a
KInstance. But you should also provide a means of the user setting the URI
type and handling method.

KURL should be lightweight. So, I don't recommend writing code to find files
in the disk.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  Registered Linux user #65028
   thiagom@mail.com