List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Waiting for a process to terminate
From:       Joao Luis Silva Assuncao <jassuncao () alunos ! isel ! ipl ! pt>
Date:       2003-08-10 17:10:05

Hello all,
I'm using a thread (QThread) to do some heavy job that implies to execute
multiples times another program. Since it must wait until the process ends to
execute a new process, I think I can use the signal  processExited to know
when the process ends, but that implies that the thread must be a QObject to
receive the signal. I readied in QT documentation and in some tutorial about
kde and MT that QObject derived classes should not be used within threads, so
this idea of using signals inside threads is probably not a good idea.
So how can I execute a process within a thread, waiting for it to complete but
without blocking my application?
Thank you.