List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: quick tab access in konqueror
From:       Simon Perreault <nomis80 () nomis80 ! org>
Date:       2003-08-07 12:05:40

On Wednesday August 6 2003 17:31, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> > 1) Put a permanent button on the *current* tab only that would close the
> > tab.
>
> What for other tabs? I prefer to see favicons there for quick
> recognition of them. There should also be possibility to close them with
> tab-icon - it is even more important that for current tab.

I mean, leave all the icons there. But hovering over an icon should not do
anything. It has never done anything in any application, so it is
counterintuitive to have it do something in Konqueror. Instead, have a plain
close button, maybe at the right side of the tab instead of the left.

I think (and this is more of a personal opinion) that only the foremost tab
should have a close button. This would save space, and would prevent clicking
the close button when switching tabs.

> > 2) Agree on a KDE-wide standard for keyboard-based tab traversal.
>
> 100% agree.
> BTW I have impression they are already standarised.

Oh, I didn't know that. I see in Konqueror that it is CTRL-> and CTRL-< or
CTRL-] and CTRL-[ that is the standard. This is not very kind to keyboard
layouts other than English, but one could always argue that these are
customizable. The original problem mentioned was that these keys are not the
same as in Konsole.

--
Simon Perreault <nomis80@nomis80.org>
http://nomis80.org