List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Desktop locking and keyboard layouts
From:       Alexey Arzamasov <AArzamasov () kkb ! kz>
Date:       2003-08-07 4:29:54

Hi all.
The issue I am talking about is the problem related to lock/unlock the screen
feature. First, here the scenario wich produce the problem:
 - User switches keyboard layout to alternative one
 - User locks the desktop
 - It's no way to unlock the screen now 'cause KPasswordDlg won't fire
keyboard layout switching on shortcuts.

I have searched through list archives and founded this issue been  discusses a
year ago but  did not resolved. So I'm going to find a way to work this out.
Hm. The thing is that am completly new to KDE programming :)
So I read though the tons of sources of KDE finding the way all this stuff
worked and now I am in confusion. I see two ways of work this out:
  - First, give to the user a way to switch the keyboard layout as it
generally happens - with the accelerator
  - Put an icon on the dialog to switch it with the GUI.

Well, it's all new for me and if noone going to fix it in a hour :), please,
spend a half of this time to clear my mind about this. Can anyone plz
describe me way to get the current layout and  switch the layout from my
code?

Thanx.
--
 Arzamasov Alexey