List:       kde-devel
Subject:    UTF-8 and RTL issue
From:       Arash Zeini <a.zeini () farsikde ! org>
Date:       2003-08-05 10:33:24

Hi All,

There are few issues about UTF-8 and RTL:

1. First snapshot:

http://www.farsikde.org/downloads/Konqueror_RTL_issues1.png

* If I choose Farsi as the default language of KDE and then enter a URL in
the "run command" dialog, I get a notification window about the page being
contacted...
Farsi is displayed as question marks in the titlebar of this window, as per
the screenshot.

* The visible area for the texts are not adjusted properly in various
dialogs when TTFs are used. Please refer to the snapshot and see how the
"g" is cut off on the bottom.

2. Second snapshot:

http://www.farsikde.org/downloads/Control.png

* The question mark problem exists also in the case of the Control Center,
however not for the modules, but for the title "Control Center" only.
I believe that this must happen at the application level. Any ideas on what
might be happening here?

* As you can see in this same snapshot the nested menu on the right side of
the Control Center is not mirrored correctly. The menu appears on the
right side of the Control Center, which is correct, but the entries are
not right-aligned. They need to be right-aligned with the dotted lines
running on their right side.

ُThe snapshots were taken on a KDE 3.1.2 running on Debian, but the same
problems exist on HEAD from 10 days back as well.

Thanks,
Arash
--
The FarsiKDE Project