List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: checking for GTK and glib in configure.in.in ?
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2003-08-04 20:59:16

On Monday 04 August 2003 21:30, James Richard Tyrer wrote:

> But we are not talking about "[m]ost human beings" only those users that
> compiled KDE from source.  Many of those will have also compiled The GIMP
> from source.

I compile KDE from source, I've never compiled Gimp from source. I would say
there are two reasons why you'd compile KDE from source :

- you're a KDE developper. If that's the case, you've got better things to do
than compiling random stuff, so KDE is likely to be the only thing you're
compiling, everything else is from packages. That's my case (not a KDE dev
but developping a KDE-based app).

- you compile everything from source, in which case you're IMHO unlikely to be
a KDE dev, because you're spending all your time maintaining your system :-)

> Well lets see any Linux user that uses a scanner or a digital camera would
> probably use it, as well as many that have neither.

I have both, and practically never used Gimp because it's too darn
complicated.

--
						Guillaume.
						http://www.telegraph-road.org