List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: checking for GTK and glib in configure.in.in ?
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2003-08-02 14:40:35

Henrique Pinto wrote:

> Second: What are you proposing? A hard dependancy on GTK? KDE has chosen
> Qt as a toolkit. It doesn't make sense to require GTK.

Actually, that was what I tried to avoid by using "if /bin/false; then
<config checks for gtk/glib coming here>; fi" in the configure.in.in until
I find a way to avoid the prooblem of the missing macros. What I didn't
know was that the macros were still expanded, so that "if" didn't help.
Anyway, Zack was nice enough to fix this problem in my configure.in.in. I
certainly don't intend to introduce a hard dependency on gtk/glib, I just
want to have the plugin compiled if gtk/glib are available. Since glib/gtk
provided their own aclocal scripts with macros for path deteection I
thought I could use them, which is not the case.

Reinhold