On Friday 01 August 2003 22:59, James Richard Tyrer wrote: > > The "you suck" comments tend to have a lot higher reaction time > > then the endless "please, please, oh, please don't assume that KDE > > developers have Gnome libraries installed". > > I think that is reasonable to assume that many users have the > libraries that are needed to use The GIMP. No, it's not. GIMP doesn't require developmental packages of neither Glib or GTK+. > Remember, GTK doesn't stand for GNOME Tool Kit. Are you going somewhere with this? It doesn't matter what it stands for, what does matter is that we've chosen a different toolkit as our default GUI toolkit and a hard dependency on another is simply unacceptable. By a "hard dependency" I mean one that doesn't let you compile the rest of the module in which the app using another toolkit is located. Zack -- So many pedestrians -- so little time. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<