List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to close a KSocket ? delete ?
From:       Pierre Habouzit <pierre.habouzit () m4x ! org>
Date:       2003-07-31 13:54:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le Jeudi 31 Juillet 2003 15:08, Giuseppe Torelli a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> How to close a socket with KSocket ?
> Is it enough to type:
>
> delete My_Socket;

from : kdelibs-apidocs/kdecore/html/classKSocket.html

	KSocket::~KSocket ( ) [virtual]
	Destructor.

	Closes the socket if it is still open.

> If so, why with netstat the socket still compare in the list, while
> if I close the program by clicking on the X icon, the socket
> immediately disappear from the netstat list ??

I think a KSocket will wait until all pending datas will be sent on the
network, while closing the application with the X icon, you send a
SIGQUIT that will end the application without waiting until all the
datas aren sent, and that will really close the socket imediately.

--
Pierre Habouzit