List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to obtain develop packages?
From:       Alejandro Exojo <suy21 () lycos ! es>
Date:       2003-07-28 22:42:09

El Martes, 29 de Julio de 2003 00:11, Wagner Sales escribió:
> However, I need some help to run the test applications (for exame
> kdeui/tests/kdocwidgetdemo.cpp).
> These applications are excellent examples of the implementations, but
> not included in compilation.
> To me, the environment (moc, uic, automake, autoconf, aclocal) are very
> new. I was learned some things about, but not every things.
> Sorry by these basics questions.

I suggest you to start with the Qt examples, (search the docs in
http://doc.trolltech.com, or run assistant, the documentation browser). Those
examples, allow you to concentrate on coding basics. You must let the source
in one directory, and run:
qmake -project
qmake
make
And then you have a complete application, without knowing anything about uic,
moc, and auto* stuff.

Then look at Antonio Larrosa's tutorials:
http://developer.kde.org/~larrosa/tutorial.html
They are simple, but direct, and complete.

After that, you are prepared to run kdevelop, and start a kde project. It
creates for you an admin directory, and manages very well all auto* programs
for you.

Best regards.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0xAA8D2A01
http://lacurva.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@es.tipic.com

That's a great computer you have there; have you considered how it would work
as a BSD machine?