List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [Sysadmin] Re: i18n.kde.org down?
From:       Claudiu Costin <claudiuc () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-07-26 20:08:31

    Dear friends,

On Sīm 26 Iul 2003 20:29, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Sam, 26 Jul 2003, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > No idea, but I can confirm the problem. Seems to have disappeared from
> > DNS entirely.
>
> i18n.kde.org is down a couple of days already because of an unexpected
> failure of the system disk, see kde-i18n-doc for details.
>
> Unfortunately the DNS of i18n.kde.org is delegated to i18n.kde.org itself
> (which I don't consider to be a good idea, but thats how it is).

   For what reason will not be a good idea? Is there something you can do
with DNS alone when the host go down? There's no point on this.

For example if www.kde.org goes down, is there a backup machine right
on time to be switched on it? Is there
a cluster running behind www.kde.org or cvs.kde.org?

If there are contingency resources, then I'll be pleased to have as well
for i18n.kde.org server.

kind regards,
--
Claudiu Costin, claudiuc@kde.org