List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: new KDE Developmentbook
From:       Daniel Molkentin <molkentin () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-07-21 8:44:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 21 July 2003 10:08, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
>Do we really need a Wiki? We already have developers.kde.org, where all
>developers have write access to via CVS. My feeling is that it would be more
>productive to spend some work into maintaining this site instead of setting
>up yet another different system.

Well, see what happend to the old KDN, it went down the drain. I've worked
with wiki's already, and it's much nicer to be able to "quickly add or
change" something. And it has a RCS in the back (at least the implementation
I used). My feeling is that developer.kde.org would be much better done as a
wiki. The OPIE developer use a wiki for that purpose, too. Maybe someone of
them could tell about their experience?

Cheers,
  Daniel