List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: new KDE Development book
From:       Daniel Molkentin <molkentin () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-07-21 7:37:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 21 July 2003 08:35, Karl-Heinz Zimmer wrote:
>While I am /not/ a happy Microsoft programmer I still think the MSDN
>designers could have been made a far worse job: IMO this is one of the
>not so bad things produced by Microsoft.
>
>However making something similar for KDE would be kind of a meta project:
>the question would rather be "How to design and set up a framework
>bundling the different pieces of information that are there already?".

My suggestion: Try to cover all significant points in the book. But don't try
to cover every little detail. That is doomed to fail. Instead set up a Wiki
on developers.kde.org. We can easily make that "our" MSDN.

/me remembers back to KDE 2.0 pre times when we had a KDN, too, but back then
it was required to check in every article and no external contributions were
possible. With a wiki, this should become much more effective.

Cheers,
  Daniel