List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: new KDE Development book
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-07-18 18:17:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Freitag, 18. Juli 2003 19:18, Gordon Machel wrote:
> Am Freitag, 18. Juli 2003 08:11 schrieb Ralf Nolden:
> > The issue is now, how do we get docbook files out of the doxygen
> > generated docs ? Any clues ?
>
> Recent versions of doxygen have vastly improved xml output functionality,
> so there shouldn't be any problem to convert the doxygen output into
> docbook files.

Hmm, it would help already if we could get something of this sort going. Then
we would have at least a chance to provide the Qt and KDE API documentation
as docbook files, PS and PDF in A4 and Letter sizes. This would be of great
help for publishers who want to print hard-cover books (or users who want to
print out one example for their developers). This is always *nice* to have.

Could someone do some research which doxygen version would be ideal and how to
set up an automatic system for generating output directly through the
makefile system ?

Ralf

> Gordon

Ralf Nolden