El Viernes, 18 de Julio de 2003 12:57, Petter E. Stokke escribió: > On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 08:01, Ralf Nolden wrote: > > (even though the debian package for the book will end up in > > non-free, see recent discussions about the FDL). > > Wasn't that problem only about FDL using invariant sections? I didn't > follow the discussion too closely, so I might be mistaken, but that's > the impression I was left with. Yes, the problem was mainly those invariant sections. For a technical article, maybe you don't use any invariant sections (so it will be completely free), but if another person decides to work in this text, he/she can add content with invariant sections (so that is not free acording to Debian free soft guidelines). In my very humble opinion, FDL is better for a _opinion_ essay (then you use invariant sections to leave your point of view unaltered), than for a technichal book. In that case, GPL fits my needs (again, from my point of view). Best regards. -- Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0xAA8D2A01 http://lacurva.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@es.tipic.com "I'll rob that rich person and give it to some poor deserving slob. That will *prove* I'm Robin Hood." -- Daffy Duck, Looney Tunes, _Robin Hood Daffy_ >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<