List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Announce: new kinfocenter firewire module
From:       Daniel Molkentin <molkentin () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-07-14 21:42:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 14 July 2003 21:33, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>Is there a place for it in cvs ?
>kdebase or the extragear ?

Linux Only... hmmm. I wouldn't like to see such an app in kdebase, even tho I
could not think of anything else but addons.

>Are the any issues with using the word "firewire" ? Should I change it to
>"IEEE1394" ?

Yes, FireWire is a Trademark of Apple Computers, Inc. You should call it
IEEE1394. I know this is not exactly intuitive, but that way we avoid
problems. The other option is to simply ask officially wether we can use it.

Cheers,
  Daniel