List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: build problem (maybe libtool?)
From:       Christian Mueller <cmueller () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-07-13 14:03:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Sonntag, 13. Juli 2003 13:13 schrieb Harri Porten:
> Unhandled flags as the cause of the problem were the last guess I was
> able to make, too. But when checking the then current version of qmake I
> couldn't see how flags like -pthread could end up in the .la file. I
> assumed the issue was fixed.
>
> Everyone who runs into this problem: please check the dependency_libs
> entry of libqt-mt.la. Does it contain any entries other than -l and -L
> flags ?

Here's mine:
dependency_libs='-L/usr/local/mysql/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/lib /usr/lib/libex
pat.so.0 -lmysqlclient -lcrypt -lnsl -lssl -lcrypto -lGL -lXmu -lXrender -lXrandr -lXcursor -lXft -
lfreetype -lfontconfig /usr/lib/libfreetype.la -lz /usr/lib/libexpat.la -lXext -lX11 -lm -lSM -lICE
 -ldl -lpthread '

Do you mean the *.la entries?

I ran into other problems with them when trying to compile qt-copy.
Is this a related problem?
In two Makefiles I had to remove  /usr/lib/libfreetype.la and /usr/lib/libexpat.la
before it would compile at all.  One was plugins/src/sqldrivers/mysql/Makefile.
I cannot remember the second one but it looked about the same...
I'm no expert on these matters but the entries seem to be redundant
as there's a -l option for both expat and freetype

Here's the original line from the mentioned Makefile:
LIBS     = $(SUBLIBS) -L/usr/local/mysql/lib -L/usr/local/dl/kdesrc/qt-copy/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L
/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib /usr/lib/libexpat.so.0 -lXt -lXi -lmysqlclient -lcrypt -
lnsl -lssl -lcrypto -lqt-mt -lGLU -lGL -lXmu -lXrender -lXrandr -lXcursor -lXft -lfreetype -lfontco
nfig /usr/lib/libfreetype.la -lz /usr/lib/libexpat.la -lXext -lX11 -lm -lSM -lICE -ldl -lpthread

I'm running a current i386 stable Gentoo system,
and tried to compile CVS HEAD (finally with success).

After I had compiled qt-copy I removed libqt-mt.la from the install dir
to make the rest of KDE compile...

Christian.

--
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant..."