List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Small supplement for guide: KDE By Anonymous CVS
From:       Andy Fawcett <andy () athame ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-07-10 19:13:46

On Thursday 10 July 2003 21:59, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 10. Juli 2003 20:32 schrieb Whitehawk Stormchaser:
> > On Thursday 10 of July 2003 20:16, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > > So for any fellow as helpless as me I would ask anyone with
> > > enough karma to add this to point 3:
> > >
> > > Patch:
> > > If you don't have a file .cvspass in your home directory create
> > > one (by "touch ~/.cvspass")
> >
> > Well... IIRC, the ~/.cvspass file is created after the first time
> > you login to the cvs, so you don't need to worry about 'patching'.
> > It nags you the first time, but it won't do it again after.
> > Regards. ~W.
>
> I could not login, only got an error message saying something with
> "failed to open" and ".cvspass" (don't remember the original
> message). I did not check for it's existance, though, but directly
> asked Google (ggg:"failed to open .cvspass") where I "was told" ;)
> how to create this file.
>
> Maybe another version of cvs (here:1.11.5)?

On some platforms and installations, cvs will not auto-create the file
(as you found out). I know that at least the cvs in FreeBSD does it
this way, and probably on other platforms too.

A.

--
Andy Fawcett                                     | andy@athame.co.uk
"In an open world without walls and fences,      | tap@lspace.org