List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem building KDEMultimedia
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-07-08 20:49:59

Vladimir Lazarenko wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 July 2003 07:15, Matt Rogers wrote:

>>>And today's 'Arogrant Developer" Award goes to: Benjamin Meyer. :-)
>>>
>>>Who said anything about HEAD or CVS?  I didn't.
>>
>>No, but you didn't specify that you were building KDE_3_1_BRANCH either.
>>

>>>The issue is a Kernel 2.4.21 header file issue.
>>>
>>>--
>>>JRT
>>
>>And today's "Arrogant User" Award goes to: James Richard Tyrer :-)
>>
>>Actually, the issue would be that you messed up your install of glibc
>>because you made /usr/include/asm a symlink to /usr/src/linux/include/asm
>>which is wrong. But I won't get into that. I also know of no other way to
>>fix this other than recompiling your whole system. I don't think
>>recompiling glibc with the new headers will do much good. :(
>

> There was a fix for that, i'm doing it myself every time I update cvs.
> In every file which fails, add after the line
> #include <linux/version.h>
>
> this:
>
> #if LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(2,4,20)
> typedef unsigned long long __u64;
> #endif

Thanks for the tip.

> And it will compile flawless.
>
> More to say. Many, ultimately many things require those headers to be linked
> on your current kernel, so this should be done..
>
> Matt, try to compile lm_sensors with glibc headers. ;-) or i2c (3rd party one)
> ;-)

IIRC, it was while trying to compile lm_sensors that I replaced the header
directory with the links.  Then the GLibc configure told me which ones
should NOT be links and I changed that.  Which results in my current setup.

I've now rebuilt GLibc so it will be a while before KDE rebuilds (it can
take over 24 hours at 400 MHz :-() and I know if that fixed it.

--
JRT