List:       kde-devel
Subject:    apps not appearing in K menu in KDE CVS?
From:       Benjamin Reed <ranger () befunk ! com>
Date:       2003-07-07 23:25:24

When I do a fresh build from CVS (after removing all currently
installed KDE stuff) I no longer get menu entries for anything other
than the stuff in kdelibs/kdebase.

If I run kbuildsycoca myself I get this:

---(snip!)---
[ranger@ti ranger]$ kbuildsycoca
kbuildsycoca running...
kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from
/private/var/tmp/kdecache-ranger/ksycoca
Reusing existing ksycoca
kbuildsycoca: Recreating ksycoca file
(/private/var/tmp/kdecache-ranger/ksycoca, version 63)
kbuildsycoca: VFolderMenu::mergeFile:
/opt/local/share/applnk/default_kde-settings.menu
kbuildsycoca: VFolderMenu::mergeFile:
/opt/local/share/applnk/default_kde-information.menu
kbuildsycoca: Directory and kde-information.directory requires
combining!
kbuildsycoca: VFolderMenu::mergeFile:
/opt/local/share/applnk/default_kde-screensavers.menu
kbuildsycoca: Directory and kde-system-screensavers.directory requires
combining!
kbuildsycoca: Processing KDE Legacy dirs for <KDE>
kbuildsycoca: processKDELegacyDirs()
kbuildsycoca: Looking up applications under
/opt/local/share/applications/
kbuildsycoca: Moving Settings/Information to Information

...so it looks like it's doing stuff.  I've got 40-something files in
/opt/local/share/applications/ including stuff from my build of
kdegames, so it's gotta be something wrong with the kicker menu, but
I'm not sure what.

Any ideas?  Or is this just a breakage in current k menu that's being
worked on?

--
We put a lot of thought into our defaults.  We like them.  If we
didn't, we would have made something else be the default.  So keep