List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Need (Cooking) Testers for "Krecipes"
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2003-07-03 18:36:04

On Thursday 03 July 2003 16:07, Unai Garro Arrazola wrote:
> recipes in certain commercial format and show them in a pretty way. My
> intention is to code something that  also helps creating shopping lists for
> the week, suggest recipes for everyday or  help with diets.

Obviously, it will have a feature to only serve KDE recipes. With that in
mind, I created a new one this evening titled "Kaas, Dille, Eten" (something
like "Chees & Dill food"), which I hereby condemn to the KDE mailing list
archives.

"Kaas, Dille, Eten"

For two people (three if they're not big eaters). Vegetarian.

200g pasta (fusili works well to hold the sauce)
1 zucchini (courgette in parts of western europe)
150g mushrooms (plain white)
100ml cream (whipping cream in most of europe)
2 tablespoons red wine
1 tablespoon dill weed (not the seeds)
1 tablespoon horseradish (peberrod in .dk, mierikswortel in .nl)
a dash of parseley, thyme, and chives
pepper to taste
olive oil for frying
100g grated cheese as topping
2 tomatoes, slices, as garnish

Put on 1.5l of water, salted, on to boil. Slice the zucchini in thin slices
(about 3mm thick). Chop the mushrooms. Heat olive oil in a heavy iron
skillet, add zucchini and fry on high heat for 3 min or so, then add
mushrooms and wine, reduce heat, and allow to fry/simmer/turn brown for
another 5 minutes or so. By now the water for the pasta should be boiling.
Add the pasta and let it cook for the 10 minutes or so it needs to become "al
dente." Add the cream, dill, horseradish, herbs and pepper to the zucchini
and mushroom mix, and allow to simmer while the pasta cooks. Drain the pasta,
add it to the vegetables, mix well.

Serve topped with cheese and with sliced tomato around the edge of the plate.

Now consider the horror of doing i18n on something like this. Heck, I didn't
even know you "sweated off onions" in english till a few months ago (I have
always dealt with onions in dutch). Stuff like cream is a notoriously
variable substance.

Anyway, Unai, I wish you all the best with this coding experment.

--
pub  1024D/FEA2A3FE 2002-06-18 Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org>
     Key fingerprint = 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE