List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: _NET_WM_STATE_BELOW
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2003-07-02 12:04:06

On Tuesday 01 of July 2003 20:01, Dang Viet Dung wrote:
> Thanks.
> I need to do that effect for a dock program.
> Is there any hack to do this?

 You could try to lower the window whenever some other window gets below it,
KWinModule gives info on that. However, as already said, this is an ugly hack
and it's not nice to do. Some WMs (including KWin in KDE3.2) won't let the
window go lower then they will like anyway, and if two apps will try to do
this same thing, you'll be in trouble.

> I was looking into
> NETRootInfo::setClientListStacking() but I didn't know
> how to use the following constructor:

 That won't help you, as long as your app is not the window manager, which it
is not. I suggest you wait for KDE3.2.

[snip]
--
Lubos Lunak