List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE CVS Developers Edition of Knoppix (Knopdex)
From:       Leif Huhn <leif () dkstat ! com>
Date:       2003-06-25 19:05:10

I think Knopdex is a great idea.

Right now I'm developing a KDE program outside CVS.  I have
enough knowledge to fix small bugs in KDE because of this, but in
order to fix them I need to:

Install the correct version of automake
Install lots of little dependencies that SuSE doesn't install by
default.
Create another account so I don't screw up my current config.

Etc...You all know the story

It's just easier to avoid the bugs that bother me in KDE right
now.  If I could just drop in a CD and get a working development
environment, and also verify that the bugs still exist in CVS
without going to a lot of work...I'd be a lot more inclined to
squash bugs.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who fits into this category.

Leif