On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 05:22:36PM +0200, Waldo Bastian wrote: > > ... and that would be the patch. waldo? > > You may want to add some additional docu as to why someone would > want to use this. > ok > I'm also wondering how this behaves in relation to KDE process > management as a whole: Normally kdeinit is the process group leader, > is there a risk that processes started in their own group remain > running after logout? > yes, this can happen. these processes wouldn't be the only ones, though. luckily most such pseudo-daemons die off due to broken pipes (stdio or X). greetings -- Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature, please! -- Chaos, panic, and disorder - my work here is done. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<