List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Privacy Control Center module
From:       Ralf Hoelzer <ralf () well ! com>
Date:       2003-06-22 21:32:29

On Sunday 22 June 2003 23:21, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> Yah, but what about non core kde applications?  Will the module have a
> plugin system so that other applications can add themselves?

I thought about something like a plugin system, too. But I wanted to stick to
the basics for now and only deal with core KDE components.

> Maybe have something that clears the cache directory and goes through and
> removes all command history etc from any rc file.

That's basically what the module does. There will be an option for all the
stuff in the cache directory. But I think it should be more seletive and not
just blindly remove the whole directory. The users might want to keep some of
the stuff in there. The problem with the rc files is, that you can't just
remove entries from the files while the application is running. So the dcop
calls are probably a better idea.

Ralf