List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Privacy Control Center module
From:       Ralf Hoelzer <ralf () well ! com>
Date:       2003-06-22 21:20:04

On Sunday 22 June 2003 23:01, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> Although I do like that idea I think that it is better to improve the
> existing applications to have the cleanup ability within their own
> configure and to make sure that they all use the .cache directory.  Adding
> a new module only duplicates the ability which can confuse users on several
> levels.

It's just a lot of work to go through each and every configuration dialog to
clear things out. If there's a central place where you can save your privacy
preferences, you can easily clean everything with a single click whenever you
want. The cache directory can't store things such as completion or command
history, which should be easy to clear for all of KDE, too. It looks like
most of this stuff is currently stored in the k*rc files.

Ralf