List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Privacy Control Center module
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-06-22 20:51:49

On Sunday 22 June 2003 16:49, Ralf Hoelzer wrote:
> I was missing a quick way in KDE to clean up all privacy related traces,
> such as cookies, caches, clipboards, command and URL histories, stored
> passwords etc.
>
> So I have started to write a small control center module that offers these
> actions in a central place, sorted into different sections. It would fit
> nicely into the existing "Security & Privacy" category.

  As you suggest, it should go under Security&Privacy, not it's own category.
Anyhow, please consider that we hope to have P3P support in Konqueror (once
we get Qt XPath support), so this should have that design in mind.  The worst
situation would be to have two privacy modules that do different things, or
one that is really complicated because it is a paste together of different
things.  Also, it's really aweful to move settings around between releases if
it can be avoided.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/