Am Sonntag, 22. Juni 2003 21:39 schrieb Reinhold Kainhofer: > Russell Miller wrote: > > What I said is not exclusive of that. The use of color I put forth > > provides another layer of information, but it's still possible to > > productively use the > > widget without it. It should always be kept in mind that a user may not > > be able to see the color for whatever reason, but that's not a good > > reason not to > > use color. Just use common sense. > > yes, but also don't force colors on the user in every case. E.g. if you > edit an array of long double values, coloring according to (non-)printable > ascii characters just doesn't make sense. > > >> More I expect adults to use this widget, so what about them? ;) > > > > My point was that using colors is so natural to humans that children will > > do it as play - if so, then there's no reason that adults shouldn't > > extend that to make the colors do something useful. > > Yes, but too many colors usually make things only worse than no colors at > all. They distract a lot of attention from your real task (similar to > animations, although those are much worse, of course). Solution: make it configurable! I am making...:) Friedrich >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<