Philip Scott wrote: > I think in principle, this is a marvellous idea, but the problem is, this > is not nearly as simple as it sounds. Every distribution keeps its > configuration files in a slightly different place, the boot scripts being > the least standardised. A few distribitions do make some efforts to add > modules like these; for example redhat includes an interface to configure > it's ftp daemon. The kernel modules stuff could certainly work, and I think > is a good idea - and if you can find ways of achieving the rest in a > non-distro specific way you are brighter than me! That may be possible for some things. Having a plugin-aware framework would allow us to have a common frontend "linked" to a distro(or OS) specific plugin as the backend. At the first run, the distribution would be identified and the correct plugin would be loaded. -- Henrique Pinto stampede@coltec.ufmg.br >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<