List:       kde-devel
Subject:    QTextCodec names?
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2003-06-20 18:11:27

In my code I have

static QString encodings[ENCODING_COUNT+11] = {
	i18n("Western (ISO8859-1)"),
	i18n("Central European (ISO8859-2)"),
} ;

Now, aside from the inherent evil of static QStrings, this doesn't look right.
I'm duplicating strings which are probably present in Qt or some other
application. KMail, for example, has a list of encodings under View->Set
Encoding. Do we have a centralized list of QTextCodec names and their i18n'ed
names? 'cause then I'd use that, and not duplicate the whole table.

--
pub  1024D/FEA2A3FE 2002-06-18 Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org>
     Key fingerprint = 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE