List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror behaviour when you are offline
From:       Henrique Pinto <stampede () coltec ! ufmg ! br>
Date:       2003-06-17 21:30:10

On Tuesday 17 June 2003 16:32, Christian Mueller wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 17. Juni 2003 20:58 schrieb Simon Hürlimann:
> > I would even vote to *always* save the page without reloading. Not just
> > to keep the internet healthy, but you normaly want to save, what you
> > *see*, not what the url at the moment of saving points to.
> > Example: I open up a news page. Looks interesting, but I have to take a
> > shower. After comming back, I decide to read the article on my notebook
> > in the train. So I just save the page to a file and move it. But opening
> > up the page in the train will show another news. The page just during my
> > shower!
> >
> > What about printing by the way? Does it also initiate a re-get?
>
> Dunno about the current behaviour when printing but
> using the *displayed* content both for saving to disk
> and for printing seems very sensible to me.
> So I second your vote.
>
> Christian.
>
> PS: This might also apply to the web archiver plugin.

One of the most annoying things with the web archiver plugin is that it will
take whatever is is you location bar and grab that. This won't work when
you're offline, and also will not save pages containing frames correctly
(example: www.mysite.net is a site containing frames. I enter it and click on
a link. When I ask the web archiver plugin to save the page, it will save the
home page, and not the page I'm viewing, because the location bar says
"www.mysite.net").

--
	Henrique Pinto
	stampede@coltec.ufmg.br