List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Testing needed for a CUPS question
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-06-13 16:41:46

I think that I can solve the GhostScript/Fonts problem with a script that
acts as a wrapper for GhostScript (thanks to Willam Bader on the GS Bugs list).

NOTE FYI: If you build GhostSctipt as an SO, you are already using a small
program to run it:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/cvs/Make.htm#Shared_object

and a link: "gs" to either: "gsc" | "gsx" to run that.

Perhaps somewhere down the line, we can have a: "gsk" program to address
the problems, but I think that I can solve the problems with a script to
replace the link.  This will eliminate the need to patch the system.

NOTE: there is a bug in the system, but we can leave it to others to fix that.

I do not have CUPS installed and need one piece of information if somebody
could please help me with this:

When CUPS runs, it starts a 'filter' script: "pstoraster" which calls
GhostScrpt (as "gs" on most systems).  I need to know which "Login"
KSysGuard shows for the 'filter' and 'gs' when you print a job.

Tip, turn off you printer so it isn't ready then you will have time to find
this.

--
JRT