List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: HTML parsing and DOM:: =?iso-8859-1?q?friends
From:       Richard_Lärkäng <nouseforaname () home ! se>
Date:       2003-06-09 20:43:57

> On Monday June 9 2003 11:49, Gav Wood wrote:
>
> > hmm... there's a program named kopete that will shortly be
> going into
> > kdenetwork - kopete's an instant messenger, and happens to have a
> > plugin "sms" which will use web services to send sms messages to
> > phones.
> Kopete is not very stable :( although I like it very much. At
> first I would=   like to finnish this and then if possible
> add the program as a plugin for  kopete.

I haven't used kopete in a while, but isn't it mostly the plugins
that are unstable? As far as I remember, there hasn't really been
much stability-problems with the sms-plugin, even though the
configuration is quite messy still...

> > i believe it works with a program called smssend (ggl:smssend).
> > smssend is basically just a cool interface for using scripts to
> > actually go into a website to use the sms service, much like you're
> > trying to code.
> http://zekiller.skytech.org/smssend_menu_en.html
> I was reading the site and some sources but somehow I can't
> make it to work=   well, [gk]smsend also don't seem to work
> right. Always a timeout from the l= ib Time for some coding
> of my own..
>
> > there's already a script for 1rstwrap.com  --- you might consider
> > using that, or even better helping out on the sms plugin in
> kopete (if
> > it needs help; i'm unsure of its status).
> Will dig into it...
> Regarding the DOM:: ... and HTML parser any sugestions/opinions?

Not really answering the question now, but don't you think it would
be easier to try to fix the script instead? At least when I look at
the 1rstwap script it looks a lot easier to manage than what the code
would look like if you coded it with c++/kde.

And with kopete you would already get things like contact-handling,
logging, editing windows, etc...

And also, since I'm the author of the SMS-plugin, but not able to
work on it atm, since my own computer is broken, I would be glad
to provide you with help on the kopete-part of the coding.

If you're interested, contact me.

Richard Lärkäng
nouseforaname@home.se