List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE install question
From:       tech () bishop ! dhs ! org
Date:       2003-06-06 7:16:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

> >I don't know what that problem is, but I seriously doubt that changing
> >the installed location of KDE is the way to fix it.  That is, even if
> >it does fix it it's overkill.
>
> No, what I want to know is if somebody *could* install in $HOME rather than
> in a system directory and by doing this break an install that assumed that
> the package would be installed in the system directory.

I haven't been following this thread, but if you mean to ask "If KDE
itself is could be installed in $HOME", then yes, it can.  If you mean
to ask "If a KDE app can be installed in $HOME, while KDE is in a system
directory", well, I don't see why not, as long as you put $HOME into the
KDEDIRS variable.

> And, I gather that the answer is yes.

Yes, it can be installed.  I wasn't sure if you mean "Yes, it would
break".

Anyhoo, have a great night.  It's after 1am here, so I ought head in...

David