List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Running application in different locale
From:       Pablo Saratxaga <pablo () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2003-06-01 13:10:23

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Kaixo!

On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 08:08:26AM +0200, Michal Rudolf wrote:
> Is it possible to run application in non-default locale in other way than
> deleting appropriate *.mo files?

It seems not possible with KDE.
In fact it seems that the language is tied to the $DISPLAY; I have even
run KDE programs from different users (on the same machine), one user
having its setup in one language, the other in another different language;
but when run on the same $DISPLAY (eg, I do "su" then launch a program)
it is the language of the first launched KDE environment that is used.

(I may be wrong, but that is what I recall of some tests I did)

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://chanae.walon.org/pablo/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0xD9B85466
[you can write me in Walloon, Spanish, French, English, Italian or Portuguese]