List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Problem with QT XML-classes and entities
From:       "Robert Gruber" <rgruber () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2003-05-31 16:48:58

hi,

I'm writting a kde-app which needs to import *.docbook files.

Therefor I used the QXmlSimpleReader class and a class inherited from
QXmlDefaultHandler to get the .docbook file into my own datastructure.

Everything workes fine except with entities. The resolveEntity(), the
startEntity() and the stopEntity() function never get called. If
there are any entities like ü and so on, the function skippedEntitiy() get
called befor the characters() function.

Just to make my self clear:

The following xml...
<para>m&uuml;ssen</para>

...gives the following functioncalls:
1: startElement("para")
2: skippedEntity("uuml")
3: characters("mssen")  //note that the entity got cut out
4: endElement("para")

So the problem is that my program can not determine where exactly the entity
&uuml; is located, because the skippedEntity() function always gets called
right before characters() reports the text that contains that entity.

What am I doing wrong, and how do I get the correct possition of entities?

Hopefully you can help me although it's not really an kde related problem

thanks and best regards
Robert