List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: turning off the new close buttons for tab.
From:       Thomas Reitelbach <tr () erdfunkstelle ! de>
Date:       2003-05-30 5:24:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 30 May 2003 05:31, crypt@ihug.co.nz wrote:
> I just recently rebuilt kde from souces and found that there are new
> close buttons on tabs.
>
> From my short time of using them I find them a real pain and would like
> to turn them off. The new tab, close tab buttons on the menu bar are
> really all that I need and the new ones make it far to easy to kill a
> tab by mistake.
>
> Is there a setting hiding about to turn these new buttons off.

I cannot give you any help on your question, sorry.
I did not even see these close-buttons (guess my kde is too old).
But i missed this kind of close-button for a long time.
Suggestion: Implement it like the mozilla team did, there is _one_ "X" button
at the right-most position next to the tab-bar, which closes the current tab.
it's easy to use, intuitive and not likely to close a tab by mistake.

Thomas

--
Just because the message may never be received does not mean it is
not worth sending.